Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bullying

While attending a conference in LA, a presenter reminded the audience YOU are guilty of being a BULLY if you stand idle and do nothing.

Bullying happens to more than just "kids". Some "reality" shows have shown how the public does or doesn't step in regarding the elderly, the disabled, the homeless and your neighbor. Have a conscience about the world around you and do "something".

Paul Rusesabagina (Hotel Rwanda) spoke to a local YWCA group a few years ago, and when he was asked, how did you do it? His answer made perfect sense. He said: "I knew I would have to get up every morning and look at myself in the mirror. If I didn't do "something", I didn't feel I could face myself and know I hadn't been a "bully" by standing by and doing "nothing".

In support of the third annual Bullying Prevention Awareness Week, the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) is providing resources for families, educators, mental health professionals, and law enforcement on how to recognize, deal with, and prevent bullying.

YYOL feels bully prevention also begins with self-esteem. Knowing you "can" do "something" many times has to come from within.

Visit www.yeahyeahoutloud.com and see how you can become your own best "cheer" leader!.

No comments: